Everyone agrees that the best way to learn a language is to be immersed in it. Usually, that means traveling a country where it is spoken–but not in this case! Here in our very own sertão, you can have the opportunity to spend 3 days immersed in English on the Ilha do Tesouro (Treasure Island), which is run by Americans. There will be kayaking, zip lines, horse rides, beach time, campfires and lots more—all in English! (For more pictures, look at our blog post from last year’s camp.)
- June 28-30, 2013 (Friday morning to Sunday afternoon)
- R$70 for everything (transportation from Petrolina center, food, etc.)
- Registrations from April 20-June 15
- NO PORTUGUESE SPOKEN AT CAMP (Even for beginning English speakers. Look at our immersion rules and recommendations here).
- Remember that this is real camping. The camp facilities are very simple and not as comfortable as you are used to at home, so prepare yourselves for hammock sleeping, limited electricity, and simple bathrooms shared by many people! If you have any concerns, please contact the coordinators.
- You must bring: a hammock to sleep in, a towel, clothes to swim in, walking shoes, athletic clothes. Prohibited: alcohol, drugs, bikinis/sungas
Registration is accessible here. You may register until June 15. All campers will attend a pre-departure meeting on Saturday, June 22 at 17:00 (details to follow).
* On the registration form, “SID” is the number of your registration. Don’t change it.
* Please answer in English. Feel free to use a dictionary.
* After sending your registration, you are not yet “confirmed.” Please check your email for more information. If you do not receive an email after a week, contact us.
Camp costs R$70. We do have some scholarships–please contact the coordinators if you are interested. Payment information will be sent with your registration confirmation.
Contact the Coordinators